ACT Reading Comprehension Section - 35 minutes, 40 questions
- Read the whole passage first
- Think about what you’re reading!
- Always think about the WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, WHY, and HOW of the passage
- Break down the passage for yourself – after you read each paragraph, jot down a phrase in the margin that summarizes that paragraph (i.e. annotate as you read the passage).
- Pace yourself—you want to spend about 9 minutes on each passage (timing is difficult here!)
- YOU DO NOT NEED TO MEMORIZE LITERARY TERMS!
Passage 1—Literary/Prose fiction
Passages 2 & 4—History & Natural Sciences